State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
Cuyahoga Falls, OH • Full-Time • 7am-7pm
Overview: Come be a part of an organization voted one of the Best Places to Work for 2015 by Columbus Business First! National Church Residences is looking for a STNA to work in our Assisted Living in collaboration with a team of clinical professionals to produce clinical outcomes and resident satisfaction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide, State Tested Nursing Assistant, Nursing Skilled, Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Long Term Care, Memory Care, State Tested Nurse Aide, PCA, PatiCare Associate, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, Direct Care
• Performs/assists with all resident direct care needs and comforts of daily living as needed. Including but not limited to: Lifting, turning, positioning, transporting; bathing, dressing functions, oral hygiene and grooming; answering and responding to call lights in a timely and professional manner; providing restorative care including but not limited to range of motion, ambulation, and bowel and bladder training.
• Provides all additional resident care needs and comforts of daily living. Including but not limited to: Maintaining cleanliness of resident’s room to include daily cleaning, deep cleaning as required, and discharge cleaning; providing for and engages in activities of interest to resident; providing restorative nursing programs necessary to maintain ADLs; Working as a team member in assigned neighborhood & cooperating with
• Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Follows written and verbal directions
• Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors.
• Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
• Follows all company, facility and state policies and procedures.
• Assists nurses with assigned tasks, including but not limited to: Measuring and recording vitals; gathering weights, measures and other documentation on the residents; making beds, cleaning closets, organizing and ensuring cleanliness of resident living areas; assisting with new admissions as assigned; assisting in the training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
• Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation.
• Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
• Reports resident complaints to charge nurse or supervisory in charge, maintains confidentiality.
• Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the electronic medical record system.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
• Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures
• Practices universal precautions
• Performs food service functions to include: Preparing residents for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, passing snacks and fresh water/ice; recording food/fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting. Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate
compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma/GED
Experience: Two to four years.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the
ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Ohio STNA