Come be a part of an organization voted one of the Best Places to Work for 2015 by Columbus Business First! National Church Residences is looking for a LPN to work in our Center for Senior Health in collaboration with a team of clinical professionals to produce clinical outcomes and resident satisfaction.
• Provides continuity of care by monitoring the client’s physical, social and emotional status; evaluates symptoms, reactions and progress.
• Collects data and confers with the RN to create a nursing assessment on all clients. Plans and provides care and education to meet individual client’s health needs. This involves recording all pertinent health data and being responsible for the compilation and maintenance of client care plans and records.
• Acts as a liaison between the client, caregiver, physician and other health care providers involved in the client’s care and notifying the appropriate people when there is a change in the client’s health needs or conditions. Works in concert with the social worker when dealing with client/caregiver issues.
• Is responsible for notifying family and/or physician appropriately as changes in the client’s health needs or condition occur.
• Counsels clients and caregivers with specific health care issues. Arranges for and assists with services of other health care providers (i.e. podiatrist, OT, PT and ST). Ensures clients are ambulated, doing range of motion and receiving personal care as scheduled. Follows up to insure delivery of service and documents impact of service in chart.
• Along with the RN, acts as part of the multidisciplinary team to help formulate and review the Client Care Plan for each client. NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Arranges for and assists with services of other health care providers (i.e. podiatrist, OT, PT and ST). Follows up to insure delivery of service and documents impact of service in chart.
• Assists clients with personal care needs (toileting, dressing, personal hygiene) and aids in their movement around the Center and to vehicles as needed. Ensures that clients are ambulated, doing range of motion and receiving personal care as scheduled.
• Responsible for preparation of snacks, serving and feeding according to CACFP required training.
• Administers and documents all medications and treatments as ordered by the client’s physician.
• Supervises Personal Care Assistants to ensure the delivery of quality care to the clients.
• Insures the availability and proper maintenance of medical supplies and equipment needed in the Center. 2
• Attends staff meetings and monthly nursing in-servicing as assigned.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Clients Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• When required, performs each task on the Program Assistant’s job description in a timely, competent manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET—LPN Charge Nurse
Education:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a vocational school of practical nursing.
Experience: Prefer one (1) year experience as a licensed practical nurse.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have exceptional written, verbal, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Licensure: Current Licensed Practical Nurse License in the State of Ohio. Must be in good standing.