Looking for a Full Time LPN, 12 hour shifts for Lake Wales location.
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service Our Mission: Originating from a Christian commitment of service, our mission is to provide high quality care, services and residential communities for all seniors.
Responsible for following facility procedures including but not limited to related to control of equipment and supplies within the nursing unit
• Must be capable of ensuring employees follow the chain of command in a manner consistent with the personnel policies
• Receives and gives an accurate report on resident’s condition to provide continuity of care
• Makes walking rounds to observe all assigned residents and note any changes of their condition, mentally or physically, and reports these changes to the attending physician, family and co-workers
• Documents changes and notification to POA and doctor
• Assigns nursing assistants and supervises the efficient completion of their assignments
• Supervises and corrects poor performance of nursing assistants. Keeps Director of Nursing informed on a timely basis of poor performance problems
• Order and credit drug as needed, keeps accurate accounting of all drugs (Stock drugs, unit dose and narcotics)
• Monitor diets and supervises meal trays and snacks served to residents and the resident’s intake
• Assists in passing meal trays and assists in feeding and snacks
• Exercises keen observations of noise, odors, uncleanliness, etc. Cooperates with other staff members in all departments to ensure quality environmental conditions for the residents and staff
• Reports all defects in equipment and supplies and any malfunctioning of the equipment
• Observes that all combustible materials are eliminated from closed storage areas and all poisons are kept locked
• Instructs and monitors staff in the proper handling and storage of oxygen
• Verifies change-over MARS/TARS are correctly updated and necessary changes are made to new MAR/TAR by the 1st of each month
• Observes and maintains infection control procedures (for example: no gloves on staff in hallways, soiled disposable liners are bagged and taken to soiled utility after each resident is changed, linen cart remains covered)
• Is responsible for ensuring that residents are safe (for example: Wanderguard tab is securely attached to
bed/chair as ordered, Wanderguard bracelets are working properly, side rails if ordered)
• Ensures that all corridors, exit ways, nursing stations, etc., are kept free from obstruction)
• Accompanies attending physician on their rounds if they so request and notes all orders after their visit
• Directs and supervises nursing assistants assigned to residents’ A.D.L.
Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for residents, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs all other duties as deemed necessary
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or vocational school of practical nursing.
Experience: One to two years in healthcare preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Current Florida License in good standing.