Part Time Home Health Aide-Stipend Program
All Positions are Part-Time On-Call Shifts
Staff A: Standby M-Th (8 hour shifts, 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a)
Staff B: Standby Fri-Sun (12 hour shifts 7a-7p, 7p-7a)
While working in this program, all employees within the program must meet the below requirements.
Home Health Aide
Responsibilities of the Home Health Aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Driving to multiple client homes.
• Responsible for performing and documenting all duties assigned by the RN. Observes records and reports the client’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status.
• Providing personal care including:
B. Back rubs
C. Oral hygiene
D. Hair care
E. Changing bed linen
F. Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
G. Skin care
H. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
I. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
• Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
• Assisting in feeding the client, if necessary.
• Taking vital signs when ordered.
• Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
• Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered.
• Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
• Doing client’s laundry, as appropriate.
• Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly.
• Attends and participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate care plans, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility/agency handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, and safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Home Health Aide
Education: High school diploma or GED. HHA Certification Training, STNA/CNA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 12 months as an aide in a facility or home health/hospice agency, unless STNA certified.
Travel: Frequent, necessary on a daily basis 100%
Mental: Must have good verbal and written communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Other Requirements: Valid driver's license and car insurance.