Position is located at Inniswood Village in Westerville, OH.
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need, such as permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless.
• Assesses resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care.
• Assumes responsibility of implementation of Clinical and Prospective Payment System Minimum Data Set completion schedule.
• Assesses resident pre-admission and/or admission information and determine appropriate level of care.
• Assumes responsibility for development and implementation of nursing rehabilitation and restorative programs.
• Analyzes Quality Indicator report, identifies concerns and implements corrective action to improve resident care.
• Assumes responsibility for analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine causes and implements corrective actions, when appropriate.
• Evaluates resident care as related to individualized resident needs, family involvement and the physician’s plan of care for the resident.
• Conducts or participates in resident care conferences.
• Assesses resident responses to medication and treatments and makes appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented.
• Reports problems to Administrator, conducts daily resident rounds and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action.
• Directs and implements nursing service educational programs including, but not limited to, orientation and inservice
for licensed and unlicensed nursing personnel.
• Conducts staff meetings with all shifts for purposes of planning, coordinating and implementing nursing service policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates consistent management of nursing service problems, emergency situations, and initiates “life saving” measures in the absence of a physician.
• Assumes responsibility for nursing service compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of the nursing service budget.
• Consistently operates nursing service within the established budget guidelines.
• Directs allocation of nursing service equipment and supplies within the facility and establishes guidelines for efficient, economical utilization of supplies and equipment.
• Ensures availability of equipment for nursing personnel.
• Assesses equipment and supply needs and make recommendations to Administrator.
• Directs and supervises scheduling of employees within established guidelines for allocation of nursing service personnel on duty.
• Conducts interviews, hires nursing service employees, conducts counseling interviews and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
• Prepares written employee performance evaluations and initiates recommendations for salary increases, promotions and terminations.
• Makes management reports and special assignments and adheres to established time schedules.
• Establishes open lines of communication with consultants and consistently takes follow-up action on recommendations.
• Communicates daily with nursing personnel providing clear, concise information as well as specific assignments.
• Maintains confidentiality of resident and facility information.
• Participates in on-call rotation.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides
leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• When required, performs each task on the Job Description of Nursing Assistants in a timely, competent manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of Nursing School. Must be a RN.
Experience: Two to four years.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the
ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Current Ohio License