We are looking for a strong, experienced STNA who is able to be a leader in our Memory Care Unit at First Community Village! The hours for this 2nd shift position are 2:30pm-10:30pm, and every other weekend and every other holiday are required.
The purpose of this position is to ensure and to provide direct care to the residents, under the supervision of a licensed charge nurse, and assumes the responsibility for assisting the residents with the numerous activities of daily living while encouraging and guiding them to maintain or reach the highest level of function in accordance with facility policies and procedures and report the needs and concerns to the supervisor on duty.
This position reports to the charge nurse
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Performs/assists with all resident direct care needs and comforts of daily living as needed. Including but not limited to:
• Lifting, tuning, positioning, transporting
• Bathing, dressing functions, Oral hygiene and grooming
• Answering and responding to call lights in a timely and professional manner
• Providing restorative care including but not limited to range of motion, ambulation, and bowel and bladder training
2. Provides all additional resident care needs and comforts of daily living. Including but not limited to:
• Maintains cleanliness of resident’s room to include daily cleaning, deep cleaning as required, and discharge cleaning.
• Provides for and engages in activities of interest to resident.
• Provides restorative nursing programs necessary to maintain ADLs.
• Works as a team member in assigned neighborhood & cooperates with neighborhood coordinator.
3. Monitors universal workers to ensure efficiency:
• Coordinates neighborhood work to ensure universal workers are completing duties such as vital signs, water passes, baths, restorative nursing, etc.
• Monitors universal workers, residents & room cleanliness for concerns or issues. Takes action to improve the work/living environment
• Stresses teamwork in neighborhood and assists in activities coordination.
• Completes IDT forms as necessary.
4. Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Follows written and verbal directions
• Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors.
• Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
• Follows all company, facility and state policies and procedures.
5. Assists Nurses with assigned tasks:
• Measuring and recording vitals
• Gathering weights, measures and other documentation on the residents
• Make beds, clean closets, organizing and ensuring cleanliness of resident living areas
• Assist with new admissions as assigned.
• Assist in the training and orientation of new staff as assigned
6. Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation.
• Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
• Reports resident complaints to charge nurse or supervisory in charge, maintains confidentiality.
7. Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the Caretracker system.
8. Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
• Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures
• Practices universal precautions
9. Performs food service functions to include:
• Preparing residents for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, Passing snacks and fresh water/ice.
• Recording food /fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting.
10. Company Competencies
• Compassion: We truly care about people and seek to treat residents, employees, and neighbors with dignity, respect, and fairness.
• Professionalism: We strive to be excellent at what we do and to be sound managers of resources with solid, ethical business practices.
• Mission: We are driven by a deep sense that our work should serve God and always produce good for others.
• Leadership: We will be leaders in our field: setting a good example for others, visionary, growing, and constantly improving.
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma/GED
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as a Nurse Aide with successful performance
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to understand read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Ohio STNA or equivalent certification from another state