According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing assumes responsibility for selling units to qualified applicants, coordinating occupancy with the Move-In Coordinator, reporting activity and managing leads.
• Provides presentations and information to prospective clients.
• Assists prospective clients in decision to select a living unit.
• Obtains new applications for residency for vacant living units.
• Obtains support documents for new applicants. Provides pertinent information to Move-In Coordinator for the move-in.
• Completes daily activity sheets. Records and files all communications between the facility and applicant pertaining to sales process or occupancy.
• Follows-up contacts with leads in order to progress from initial inquiry to visit sale.
• Works within current lead management system for proper filing of leads and follow-up.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of high school coursework or general education requirement certificate.
Experience: One year to two years in sales environment.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must display good verbal and written communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
Licensure: None required
Vision: Normal: Consistent with the standard workflow.