According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, the purpose of this position is to supervise, provide and direct therapy rehabilitation services in compliance with company and facility policies and procedures. A review of performance will be conducted on a yearly basis. Occupational Therapy Assistants will be supervised by an OTR/L, will carry out treatment plans as established by the OTR/L, and will have all documentation signed by the OTR/L.
Follow Careers at National Church Residences on Facebook at
Visit our website at www.nationalchurchresidences.org
• Treatment of residents who demonstrate disorders or neurological deficit, weakness, and paralysis. Treatment will only be conducted in accordance with the rules of the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 4755.
• Screening of residents of the facility as follows: New/Re-admission facility residents: Within 24 hours of admission
Long term residents: At least quarterly, upon receipt of a “significant change” request and/or referral from nursing.
• Completion of all necessary documentation, which includes but is not limited to the following items (Alldocumentation will be co-signed by the OTR/L):
Daily Billing Record
Daily Clinical Notes
Weekly Progress Notes
All other required forms as designated by the facility and Facility Rehabilitation Manager
• The COTA will maintain progressive knowledge of the occupational therapy field, attending related inservices and continuing education programs.
• The COTA is responsible for attending all required facility meetings and in-services, including Medicare meetings, patient staffing, family meetings, care plans.
• The COTA, in cooperation with the Facility Rehabilitation Manager/Regional Rehabilitation Manager, will develop programs appropriate to the needs of the residents in the facility, to assist them in achieving their highest feasible level of functioning.
• The COTA will assist the facility in meeting the standards necessary to obtain state, federal, and other appropriate certifications.
• The COTA will employ and follow all appropriate facility infection control policies and procedures and will respect and follow OBRA Resident’s Rights Guidelines.
• The COTA is responsible for appropriate scheduling of residents on caseload in addition to all required inservices
and meetings to meet department productivity standard of at least 75%.
• The COTA is responsible for the scheduling and completing of in-services for facility staff education.
• The COTA will present her/himself in a professional manner at all times including professional conduct, professional communication, and appropriate dress while in the facility.
• The COTA will adhere to departmental and facility policies and procedures.
• The COTA will maintain responsible work attendance, communicating requested days off with at least 30 days
• Other duties as assigned by the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, Regional Rehabilitation Manager, and facility.
Experience: Some preferred to one year.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.