Come join our team at First Community Village! First Community Village is a beautiful 30 acre Continuing Care Retirement Community located in the heart of Upper Arlington. We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our Assisted and Independent Living team and ensure the satisfaciton of our residents. We are currently offering a $1000 sign on bonus, but hurry! This opportunity won't last long!
According to prescribed policies and procedures including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the supervision of the Director of Facilities assumes responsibility for managing the department in its entirety, and maintaining the highest possible standards to ensure cleanliness/upkeep of the building and property.
• Establishes standard work methods and maintains monthly preventative schedules for the maintenance and grounds with the Administrator’s approval. Ensures activities are accomplished on schedule.
• Oversees and follows paperwork flow (work orders) consistent with procedures.
• Coordinates with other staff members in assuring quality environmental conditions for the residents and staff.
•Identifies departmental problems and develops goal oriented recommendations for solutions.
• Ensures the availability of supplies and equipment at the most economical means. Reports performance of products and equipment. Teaches staff to use cleaning supplies in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Operates the department within constraints of prescribed budgetary guidelines.
• Adheres to all federal, state, and local regulations in regards to safety, OSHA, chemical storage etc. Handles training in such area. Conducts disaster drills and trainings in area such as fire, tornado, bomb threats etc.
• Develops and reviews master cleaning activity in Maintenance Service Department (daily, weekly, and monthly). Ensures activities are accomplished on schedule.
• Attends and participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate care plans, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two to five years maintenance. Previous supervisory experience
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have strong written, verbal, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.