According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Business Office Manager assumes responsibility for receiving visitors and incoming calls, performing routine clerical work, making out maintenance requests and using and maintaining office equipment including the photocopiers.
• Answers phones according to facility policy, takes and relays messages for managers and staff. Screens calls.
• Greet residents, visitors and staff and helps with their needs in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Assists Business Office Manager with tasks as assigned such as tracking facility keys and managers’ schedule.
• Processes work orders/IDT’s and ensure they are given to correct department.
• Performs clerical functions such as computer data entry, sorting and filing. This includes photocopying for residents and management staff.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assists with residents’ needs as requested.
• Assists with resident’s requests as needed.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET—RECEPTIONIST
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of general office work required.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Licensure: None required.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing R = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs.
S = Standing R = Pushing R = 26-50 lbs.
F = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs.
S = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Little monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Suitable work environment, some distractions.