Join our team at a NEW senior living facility in Westerville, OH!
-No shifts past 8pm
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need, such as permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless.
• Prepares meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control.
• Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
• Maintains equipment and cooking areas in a safe and sanitary manner. Cleans kitchen area and equipment. Washes pots and pans.
• Maintains daily meal census.
• Records meal serving temperatures.
• Assists in training new dietary employees.
• Oversees that all meals and snacks are prepared and sent in a timely manner so that temperature, quality and appearance of the food is maintained.
• Checks for accuracy of special diets.
• Attends inservice meetings.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions or general/high school course work
Experience: One to two years.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.