First Community Village Senior Living Campus, National Church Residences
Columbus, OH • Full Time
$1,000 Sign-On bonus
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit providers of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico and originating from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and live the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for an experienced full-time Cook to support our Senior Living campus in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a group of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
• Prepares meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control.
• Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
• Maintains equipment and cooking areas in a safe and sanitary manner. Cleans kitchen area and equipment. Washes pots and pans.
• Maintains daily meal census.
• Records meal serving temperatures.
• Assists in training new dietary employees.
• Oversees that all meals and snacks are prepared and sent in a timely manner so that temperature, quality and appearance of the food is maintained.
• Checks for accuracy of special diets.
• Attends inservice meetings.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions or general/high school course work
Experience: One to two years.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.